Green Star GS 1000 Juicer Review: Twin Gear Maticating Juicer
The Green Star GS1000 is a masticating juicer that has earned a reputation among those in the juicing community as one of the best performing and most dependable juicers on the market. This juicer has probably won more awards than any other juicer in its class. The GS1000 by Green Star is a heavy-duty twin gear masticating juicer machine that is capable of juicing anything from soft fruits to stringy vegetables to grasses and deliver high yields of nutrient rich juice every time. This model is perfect for those seeking all the health benefits of their juicing routine.
The GreenStar GS 1000 is such a versatile machine that it can multipurpose as a whole food processor for making nut butters, baby foods and sorbets with ease. This appliance will quickly become a favorite of those following a raw food diet. Consumers absolutely love the GS1000 for its ability to efficiently deliver high yields of juice packed with nutritional value from nearly any produce you can throw at it. If you are someone that is serious about juicing and all of the health benefits it can offer then this juicer is one to consider.
Green Star GS 1000 Juicer Review in Depth
Features at a Glance
- Specially designed heavy-duty twin gear mechanism containing magnets and bio-ceramic material for maximum nutrient preservation.
- 4hp squeeze juicing processing.
- Automatic pulp ejection that allows continuous juicing.
- Will juice any fruit or vegetable efficiently.
- Slow speed juicing at 110 RPM resulting in quiet operation, low heat and little oxidation. Juices nutrients are preserved and the shelf life prolonged without losing nutritional value.
- Durable and constructed with only quality heavy-duty material.
- Maximum juice extraction is evidenced by dry pulp.
- Can efficiently juice wheatgrass and herbs and multipurpose as food processor.
- Easily assembled, disassemble and cleaned.
- Anti jamming reverse rotation feature.
- Convenient cord storage.
- Sure grip carrying handle.
- 12″ high x 6.5″ wide x 18.5″ long
- 190 watts 60 hertz 120 volts
- Shipping weight 25lbs.
- 5 year warranty.
What Included with the Green Star GS1000
- Fine Screen
- Homogenizing Blank
- Juice Pitcher
- Cleaning Brush
- Wooden Plunger
- Plastic Plunger
Note: The Green Star Power Juicer is offered in several models, the Gree Star GS1000, 2000 and 3000. These units are for all intents and purposes the same juicer and only vary in price due to the accessories included with each model. The GS-1000 is sold as a basic juicer and food processor and includes all the equipment necessary for these task, additional less frequently used accessories have been excluded to reduce cost.
Optional Accessories for the GS-1000 Model
- Strainer – Included with GS-2000 and 3000
- Drip Tray – Included with GS-2000 and 3000
- Coarse Screen – Included with GS-2000 and 3000
- Mochi Maker (Blank & Guide) – Included with GS-3000
- Pasta Maker (Screen, Screw & Guide – Included with GS-3000
- Fruit Attachment
What Can You Juice with it?
- Fruits: yes
- Citrus: yes
- Vegetables: yes
- Leafy Greens: yes
- Wheatgrass: yes
- Herbs: yes
What Can The Green Star Juicer Do?
The Green Star line of juicers from Tribest has effectively delivered four appliances in a single unit. As a fruit and vegetable juicer this model from Green Star is capable of extracting juice from a wide variety of produce from hard-root vegetables to soft fruits and everything in between. If wheatgrass and and herb juices are your fancy, this machine can do that to and does it efficiently while maintaining quality. This model is so versatile that you may even multipurpose the GS-1000 as a Food Mill for homogenizing, making baby food, fruit sorbets and more and if that isn’t enough you can convert this model into a pasta maker with optional accessories for making round and flat noodles.
As you fruits and vegetables are feed into the juicer the patented Pocket Recess guides them into the juicing area between the two gears, that are specially designed with 3 cutting points to cut any stringy fibers and reduce the risk of jamming. With the slow juicing yet powerful triturating action of this juicers twin gear dual stage juicing process your produce is crushed then the remaining pulp is squeezed dry of every ounce of juice. The newly designed twin gear mechanism incorporates state-of-the-art magnetic and bio-ceramic technology that preserves nutrients in the juice you make allowing it to be stored longer while maintaining health benefits.
Due to the Green Star GS-1000s method of juice extraction with unique triturating twin gear impeller press system it is able to deliver high yields of juice while preserving many of the beneficial vitamins, minerals and enzymes that are vital to juice quality. The twin gears of these juicers are driven at a powerful yet slow juicing speed of only 110 RPM that generates virtually no heat and produces little oxidation that can be harmful to the living nutrients in your food.
Pros & Cons at a Glance
- Very efficient at extracting juice from leafy greens such as spinach and kale
- The ability to extract high yields of juice evidenced by the extremely dry pulp.
- The GS-1000 is capable of extracting juice from wheatgrass without problem.
- Quiet operation, you can hardly hear this juicer running.
- High yields of high quality juice.
- With lots of parts cleaning can be a hassle – With that said, disassembly of this juicer machine is not difficult, but it does have a lot of parts with many areas to clean.
- Requires some work and muscle – If you are someone with joint problems or lacking arm strength, then maybe you would opt for another machine. The GS-1000 like all masticating juicers is not equipped with fast rotating cutting blades so this unit will require some muscle to feed fruits and vegetables into the juicer. Cutting the produce into smaller pieces can help in the process.
- A little slow – By nature twin gear masticating juicers are not nearly as fast as a centrifugal juicer, but slow juicing has the advantage of producing less heat, foam and oxidation resulting in healthier, more stable, and longer lasting juice.
Durability of the Green Star GS 1000 Juicer
As is the reputation with all Green Star juicers the GS-1000 does not disappoint in being one of the worlds best multi-purpose juicer machines. Built exclusive with Heavy Duty materials and integrating state-of-the-art technology superior to those of any competitor, juice extractors from Green Star are durable machines of unsurpassed quality.
Using the Juicer – Assembly, Disassembly, Cleaning
For juicers that are more familiar with centrifugal juicers, the number of parts associated with the Green Star GS-1000 Juice Extractor may not be ideal. While juicers of all types do require you to take them apart for cleaning, traditional juicers may have at most only three or four parts to clean. There are seven parts within the GS-1000 that should be cleaned after each use. Fortunately, this unit disassembles relatively easy for a quick clean up and once cleaned, the GS-1000 is just as easy to assemble.
Cleaning the Juicer
Cleaning all the parts of the Green Star GS100 actually require little more than a quick rinse under running water, the only part that may need scrubbing is the juicing screen and the whole process typically takes less than 5 minutes. With the advanced design of this models parts and juicing process and the ability of the juice to retain its nutritional value even while being stored, you can do your juicing once every other day, which means you clean up less often.
How Noisy is the Green Star GS1000 Juice Extractor?
This juice extractor operates much quieter than any blade juicer. The GS-1000 runs at the slow speed of 110 RPM to prevent excess heat. For juicers that are accustom to fast and furious juicing a slow speed juicer may seem cumbersome. However, the true benefit of the low operating speed prevents the produce from heating up, which preserves the juices vital nutrients.
Conclusion – Who Should Buy the Green Star GS1000?
If you looking to buy a new new twin gear masticating juicer machine it is recommended to read as many twin gear juicer reviews as you can find before making such a substantial purchase. Only then if you feel that a twin gear juicer is suitable for you, perhaps then you will decide to buy a Green Star GS-1000. This is one of the less expensive twin gear machines; however, this type of juice extractor it is still one of the most expensive on the market. So even if you are able to find one that fits your budget, it will still be somewhat expensive compared to a single gear or centrifugal juicer. This particular model costs over $400.
So now the question is why would someone want to buy a Green Star GS-1000 juicer as opposed to a cheaper juicing appliance? Well there are a few reasons and the many advantages of this juicer as with most twin gear models are mentioned in the review above. But if you are someone that is new to making your own drinks and unsure if juicing is really for you then perhaps a cheaper machine is better to start with. This way you can ease into it and determine if you are really going to get your moneys worth out of the machine in the long run. If when you start living the juicing lifestyle and get into making juices regularly, you may then want to consider a twin gear machine such as the Green Star GS-1000.