This is Omega latest contribution to its slow speed masticating juicer line. Operating at the low speed of only 80 RPMs the results are minimal heating and little oxidation delivering a nutrient rich glass of juice with self life. This unit is perfectly designed for those of you that take juicing seriously and need variety in the daily regiment. The Omega Vert HD VRT350 juicer is capable of juicing everything from hard fruits and vegetables to wheatgrass and leafy greens, this could be the most efficient single gear juicer to date. This upright masticating juicer from Omega has taken the common horizontal single gear design upright to new levels.
At the center of this newly designed unit is the Ultem screen, this is what gives the VRT350 its unmatched durability. This screen is 8X stronger than the ordinary plastic screen in the VRT330 model. For serious juicers who want to get all the benefits of a single gear masticating juicer in a more compact space, this unit is highly recommended.
Omega VRT350 Review in Details
Features at a Glance
- Slow Speed System – Operating at only 80 RPMs this is the first juicer to utilize the Low Speed Technology System. This technological advance allows this slow juicer to extract the maximum amount of juice without excess heat and delivers a healthier juice complete with all the nutrients while using less produce.
- Heavy Duty (HD) – With the addition of the stronger juicing screen the Omega VRT350HD is more durable than its predecessors. This juicer also features an upgraded single gear made of ULTEM material, which is 8 times stronger than augers on other single gear juicers.
- Dual Stage Juicing System – A process in which juice is first extracted through a crushing and grinding stage, then the remaining pulp is squeezed during stage 2 to ensure the maximum juice yield.
- Automatic Wiping System – By utilizing a silicone wiping blade, similar to your cars windshield wiper, the system ensure that the juicing screen stays clear of pulp during operation and easier cleanup.
- Self Cleaning – The unit is self-cleaning by simply pouring water through the juicer.
- Compact Design – Gives you all the benefits of a horizontal single gear masticating juicer , but because of its vertical design requires less workspace than most juicers.
- Continuous Juicing –Automatically ejects pulp into a container, saves time with continuous juicing.
- High juice yield – very dry pulp.
- Designed for quiet operation and long-life.
- Built-in “reverse” prevents clogging.
- User friendly – easy to assemble, operate and clean.
- 10 Year Warranty
- Motor: Single-Phase induction type, 2 Horsepower equivalent with the gear reduction, 120 Volts 60 Hz 150 Watts
- UL and cUL approved
- LABELED for HOUSEHOLD and COMMERCIAL USE.
- Size: 15.83″ Tall x 9.84″ Long x 6.81″ Wide
- Feed chute opening 2.25″ x 1.25″ approx.
- Weight: 20 pounds
What Included with the Omega Vert HD VRT350 Juicer
- Omega VRT350HD Motor Base
- GE Ultem dual stage juicing screen
- Coarse dual stage screen
- Bowl with attached extraction plug
- GE Ultem Auger
- Self-cleaning screen holder
- Two 32 ounce juicing cups
- Cleaning Brush
- Instruction manual
What Can You Juice with it?
- Vegetables – Yes
- Fruits – Yes
- Leafy Greens – Yes
- Wheatgrass – Yes
What Can The Omega VRT350 Juicer Do?
Unlike most other single gear masticating juicers that offer multipurpose use such as a food mill and pasta making this unit does not. This unit was engineered from top to bottom to be a juicer and it does this extremely well.
The Omega Vert HD VRT350 is an innovative product featuring the high efficiency of a single gear masticating type juicer in a compact vertical design. Unlike most centrifugal juicers that that operate at speeds of 1600 to 16,000 RPMs and can destroy many of the nutrients during the juicing process as a result of excess heat. The Vert HD VRT350 utilizes a slow speed juicing process at only 80 RPMs resulting in minimal heat and oxidation and delivering a juice full of nutrition and longer shelf life. In this unit design and function are combined perfectly to ensure you get the highest juice yield at the highest nutritional value.
With this revolutionary new juicer machine from Omega the slow speed juicer incorporates a dual-Stage juicing system. In stage 1 of the process your produce is crushed to break down plant cell membranes and release the nutrients then a second stage squeezes the remaining pulp to give you the highest possible juice yield. This slow speed dual-Stage juicing system ensures that the juice you are delivered maintains its pure color, natural taste and nutritional value. From hard root vegetables to wheatgrass this juicer machine can do it all with minimal prep work thanks to the wide opening of the feed-chute. The compact upright design of this unit provides a smaller footprint and takes up less counter space than other horizontal masticating juicers, making this unit both practical and efficient.
This juicer by Omega is capable of yielding the maximum high-quality juice by leaving less remaining in the pulp than most juicers on the market making juicing more economical. However even with the fine screen there is still some pulp that makes its way into the juice so don’t expect a pulp free juice unless screened before consumption.
The Omega Vert HD VRT350 will enable you to make high-quality smooth juices from a wide range of produce including hard root and stringy vegetables to fruits to leafy greens and wheat grass. Here are some examples of the results you should expect.
For citrus fruits the VRT350 does a wonderful job and the dual-Stage system is able to wring the pulp of oranges and grapefruits dry, although even with the use of the fine screen some pulp is still passed into the juice.
With apples, grapes and carrots once again this juicer is excellent and the results are a very dry pulp. For thick carrots it is recommended that you split the large ends to prevent jamming.
Ginger: The results are fabulous.
Kiwi and tomatoes: Results are good, but the juice is somewhat pulpy.
Pineapple: Is a very fibrous fruits so it is best that you cut the produce into smaller pieces to reduce the risk of jamming and the same with celery, but the results are great.
Pros & Cons at a Glance
- The Omega VRT350HD efficiently juices at slow speed ensuring that you get the maximum juice yield with the highest nutritional benefit from the juice you drink.
- The style and elegance of this models silver and black finish fit perfectly in any modern kitchen.
- If you appreciate having more workspace in your kitchen you will love the small footprint of the upright design.
- Easy to clean, what the auto wiping system misses simply clean with the cleaning brush that is included.
- Omega is so sure of itself that they back this unit with a 10 year warranty.
- This juicer does have a tendency to produce a little foam, which can be easily reduced by placing a sieve underneath the spout while juicing.
- Does not juice celery sticks very well, but that isn’t any different with most juicers on the market. If juicing celery and other stringy vegetables is your preference than the Omega 8004 or 8006 may be your best bet.
Durability of the Omega Vert HD VRT350
The 10 Yr, warranty on the unit says it all, this unit is built to last and you have no need to purchase a costly extended warranty.
Using the Juicer – Assembly, Disassembly, Cleaning
The Omega Vert HD VRT350 is extremely easy to use, simply set up your juicer by following the instructions provided. Be sure during operation to place one plastic pitcher beneath each spout in the middle of the juicer. Feed your produce into the large feed chute and be amazed at how efficiently this juicer machine operates. During the juicing process you will see that your juice is collected in one plastic picture while the dry pulp is collected in the other. While using this juicer it is recommended that hard and large pieces but cut into smaller chunks before feeding them into the feed-chute. This unit is integrated with an auto wiping system to wipe the screen clear of pulp during operation to increase efficiency and make cleanup a breeze.
Cleaning the Juicer
Cleaning this unit could not be more simple, what the auto wiping system misses simply use the cleaning brush included and rinse with water.
How Noisy is the Omega Vert HD VRT350 Juice Extractor?
The Omega Vert HD VRT350 juicer minimizes the noise with its dual-Stage 80 RPM slow juicing system by squeezing rather than cutting at a high speed rotation like centrifugal juicers.
Conclusion – Who Should Buy the Omega Vert HD, Model VRT350?
This unit represents high quality in a Heavy-duty, dual-Stage single gear slow speed upright masticating juicer. The Omega Vert VRT350 is an extremely efficient juicer capable of juicing a diverse range of products making it one of the most durable and versatile juicers on the market. This unit is compact, quiet, simple to use, and can deliver high-yield nutrient-rich juice. This is a juicer that anyone can be confident in and this juicer machine is recommended for anyone that takes their juicing seriously.